Monday, June 4, 2012

Villa Franchesca in the North End

The Deal: $15 for $30 Worth of Upscale Italian Dinner Cuisine at Villa Francesca in the North End.

I’ve seen deals from Villa Francesca posted at regular intervals, so you may have a shot at still getting one. It’s not valid on Saturday nights, though, so plan ahead. Also… of all the deals that I have used, and I have used quite a few (you may have noticed), this was the only one where I really feel like we received a lower quality of service. It was as if the waitress assumed that, because I had a discount, I was cheap and therefore not willing to tip well. I hate when people look at me, assume I’m not going to tip well, and then give me bad service accordingly. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy, because I really don’t want to tip you 20%+ when you’ve made me feel like I’m not really good enough for you to be bringing me food. The restaurant was empty, so that has nothing to do with it. I really felt that the waitress was friendlier before hearing that we had a Groupon. She was astonished when we ordered coffee following the meal, as if anyone who buys Groupons isn’t going to spend a penny over the value. It’s a discounted coupon, not a maximum spending limit.

Now, if you just want a good Italian meal in the North End, Villa Francesca is delicious (of course, I’ve never had a bad Italian meal in the North End). The menu is interesting, and everything was perfectly prepared. I like that they refuse to cook filet mignon more thoroughly than medium (it’s even on the menu). The menu is a little pricy, so I wouldn't be likely to go there without some sort of deal. I would just say that, if you have a deal, maybe you don’t want to tell the waitstaff that until the end of the meal.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with anything, but I appreciate that you can make reservations online.

Cost: $15
Value: $30
Savings: $15
Total Estimated Deal Savings, to Date: $1,000.15.

No comments:

Post a Comment