Monday, June 11, 2012

Deals on the Road - Denver

The Deal:15% off at the Table Mountain Inn

Well, I'm on the road visiting family, so I bring you this very special edition to talk about a slightly different kind of money-savings awesomeness - Yelp check in offers. Yes, I realize no one else can visit this place unless they're planning a trip to Denver, but the point is that Yelp check-in offers can be super useful.

I'm in an unfamiliar town, and looking for somewhere to enjoy a nice breakfast. So, I pull out my phone and open the Yelp app, looking for restaurants in the area. I then filter it further to weed out places that are not open at 8 am on a Sunday morning (my favorite filter, probably). And what do I see? The Table Mountain Inn, located a few miles away, gives me 15% off when I check in with Yelp while I'm there. They had exactly what I wanted for brunch (Eggs Benedict), at a reasonable price - plus I got a discount. That's wonderful! (I love Yelp check-in offers).

The food was pretty good. They have Eggs Benedict with shaved steak and a chipotle sauce, which was pretty good. The waitress never let my coffee cup get empty, despite having a ton of other customers to deal with. She was also very pleasant. I appreciate that brunch comes with a free cinnamon roll, and the fruit selection was pretty good. We got a pretty good brunch for three, for around $35.00.

Cost: The cost of brunch, pre-discount, was roughly $32.00.
Savings: $4.80.
Total Estimated Savings: $1,046.92.

No comments:

Post a Comment