Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fuji Steakhouse in Needham

The Deal: $15 for $30 Toward Hibachi Dinner Fare and Sushi for Two .

This one is another lesson in reading the fine print - and one that I likey wouldn’t have purchased if I’d been paying more attention. So, fair warning! You have to read all of the terms and conditions of the deal, even if it looks obvious from the headline (and from knowing what the restaurant serves).

Fuji Steakhouse is my friend’s favorite sushi restaurant. So, when I saw this deal posted a few days before Christmas, I was excited. I could take her out, have a nice meal, and save a few bucks. Win! Unfortunately, actually redeeming the deal required two separate trips. I failed to notice that the deal was only for the hibachi, not sushi (probably because, as you can plainly see, the headline says “Hibachi and Sushi”). When the waitress pointed out that the teeny print does say “hibachi bar only,” we were already sitting at the sushi bar, and there was a line out the door for the hibachi, and we were hungry, so we weren’t feeling compelled to move. But I wasn’t really happy at the idea that they would advertise a deal on sushi that you couldn’t really get.

We went back for hibachi a couple of week later. It was good hibachi (and my first experience with hibachi). Watching them make the food and flip eggs and stuff was really cool. The waitress kept my water glass full. Since we had just left the gym, that was a good thing. This is also another place where most of the entrees are expensive enough that it’s very easy to spend more than the price of the deal. So, keep an eye on what you’re ordering, because $30 goes fast here.

Cost: $15
Value: $30
Savings: $15
Total Estimated Deal Savings, to Date: $965.25

No comments:

Post a Comment