Wednesday, June 6, 2012

FiRE + iCE in Cambridge and Boston

The Deal: FiRE + iCE: $22 for Dinner or Brunch and Dessert for Two.*

These deals also spring up periodically - sometimes for dinner, sometimes for brunch, or sometimes for either. Now, I have a group of friends that eats at FiRE + iCE once every few months, anyway. So, it was quite exciting to see that I could essentially treat one of my friends to a free meal, and try out one of the delicious desserts. Although I’ve been to FiRE + iCE roughly twenty times, I never actually tried a dessert before.

For those of you who haven’t been there, the beauty of FiRE + iCE is that you get to eat as much as you want. There’s a salad bar, and then there’s a bunch of meat, vegetables, pasta, etc. You grab a plate, fill it up, then choose one or more sauces from the sauce bar (my personal favorite is the mesquite barbecue sauce). You take your bowl of yumminess and your container of sauce to a giant round bar with a huge grill in the middle.** Then, you get to watch them make your food. They chop it up, throw it around, and create a delicious meal right there in front of you while you chat with your friends. For just $16.99, you can eat as much as you want. So, two meals for $22, plus dessert is a pretty good deal. I hear rumors that there’s some sort of other menu, but I’ve never actually investigated. I usually start with a giant spinach salad heaped with steak and bacon, then move on to fish tacos. They bring rice and tortillas to the table, so don’t get too confused when trying to figure out how to eat your delightful mound of meat and veggies (there’s also tofu, and burgers).

After going over the dessert menu, I thought the easiest to share would be the fondue. It was wonderful - lots of fun. We got this lovely molten dark chocolate pot, surrounded by pound cake, brownies, strawberries, marshmallows, bananas…. I can’t even remember it all. I feel like there may have been pineapple, but I don’t eat pineapple, so I could be wrong. What I do remember was that pound cake dipped in chocolate is delicious. The whole table was really excited when this dessert showed up (I got lots of fondue forks). We had fun with a group (obviously, most of the group had to pay for their own dinner), but this would also be a good deal to split on a date, or just with a friend.

---------
* My apologies. I purchased this one before Buy With Me was taken over by Gilt City, so I actually can’t find a working link to show you what the deal was. That means you’ll have to just take my word for it that it said what I say it does.
** If you have food allergies, they’ll take your food and cook it in the back on a different grill.

Cost: $22
Estimated Value: $42.97 (based on the dessert I ordered).
Estimated Savings: $20.97
Total Estimated Deal Savings, to Date: $1,042.12.

No comments:

Post a Comment