Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ken's Steakhouse in Framingham

The Deal: $20 for $40 credit at Ken’s Steakhouse.

I have always wanted to try Ken’s Steakhouse. I’m always very curious when I see the salad dressing at the grocery store (because it’s a steakhouse, not a salad place). I’ve tried the sauces. Everything is good. And I’ve heard really good things about it. So, when this deal popped up, I was really excited. Not surprisingly, the deal sold out quickly. I’m just glad I grabbed it when I did.

I had my first taste of chateaubriand on a cruise I took with my best friend in 2003. It immediately became, hands-down, my favorite steak. I haven’t seen it on a menu since (or in a grocery store). I'm sure it's out there, but apparently my normal places aren't quite swanky enough. So, imagine my delight and amazement when I sat down at Ken’s, and - there it was!! Right there, just waiting for me to try it. It was cooked perfectly, and it just melted in my mouth. The waiter was friendly and helpful - I let him talk me into trying their signature salad dressing (I’m not a big fan of lemon), and it was wonderful. I’m so glad I did. He helped my friend pick out her entree, and she said that it was one of the best meals she’s ever had. Oh, and at the end of the meal, when we were fighting over which of us got to take the last bit of bread home, he brought us an entire new loaf.

The bottom line - this was one of the best meals I've ever had, and it only cost me $20.00. My mouth is watering just remembering it.

Cost: $20
Value: $40
Savings: $20
Total Estimated Deal Savings, to Date: $985.25

No comments:

Post a Comment