Sunday, May 27, 2012

Petit Robert Bistro

The Deal: $20 for $40 at Petit Robert Bistro in Brighton. On top of that, Gilt City gave me a deal since it was my first purchase, and they had some other special going on, so I wound up paying only $10.

The best thing about this deal is that they offer them all the time. I get emailed deals from Petit Robert Bistro probably about once a month, from the various sites that offer them. There are also sometimes options - I believe you can get more than 50% off on some deals, if you pay more. So, keep an eye out. You can probably easily get a deal for this place, and you won't have to wait for someone to repost it on a resale site. The worst thing about this deal is the parking - if you aren't able to take the B line, and you're not willing to pay for valet, be prepared for the possibility of having to walk for awhile (unless you happen to have a Brighton resident's parking sticker).

The other thing to be careful about at this place is that it's very easy to exceed the $40 face value on the voucher, as several entrees are more than $20. But, if you're determined, you can get a flavorful and enjoyable meal, within the limits of the voucher (but you probably shouldn't order a $30 bottle of wine, like we did).

The menu is smell, but even a picky eater such as myself was able to find plenty to eat. I agonized over the choices. I actually was planning to work on my new year's resolution to try new things, since I figure that part of the joy of half price dining is to try things I wouldn't ordinarily eat but, alas, I couldn't quite bring myself to eat calf's liver. Maybe next time. For some reason, the menu made me think that the dishes didn't come with any sides - maybe this is a personal problem. So, we ordered a side of mini Brussel sprouts (the optional cream sauce is not necessary, but it is delicious). The waiter was friendly, funny, and helpful. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. That means that I was pleasantly surprised to find that I received mashed potatoes and veggies with my meal. We had leftovers, which doesn't often happen with me and French food. I'd love to go back (but I don't think it's right to buy a Groupon for the same place every few weeks, since the idea for me is to try new places).

Cost: $10
Value: $40
Savings: $30
Total Estimated Deal Savings: $600

No comments:

Post a Comment