Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Love Deals!

Who doesn’t love saving money? I’m sure by now you’ve all heard of sites where companies offer a mass discount, if a certain number of people purchase an offered coupon (and, if you haven’t, climb out from under that rock and join us in the 21st Century). The most popular around here are sites such as Groupon®, GiltCity®, TravelZoo®, and LivingSocial®. There are also companies that aren’t exclusively group discounts, but that do offer deals, such as Yelp or Google. Over the past year or so, I admit, I’ve become completely addicted to these sites. I’ve visited Italian restaurants in the North End (delicious!), hibachi places in Needham, and tapas in Brookline. I’ve gone pole dancing, ice skating, and chocolate tasting. I’ve got tickets to food truck festivals, whale watching, sushi making, and murder mystery dinner trains waiting in the wings. And I have done all of these things at half-price (or less). You can sign up for daily deals via e-mail through any of the company websites, or use their Smart Phone Apps. I get the emails, but you can also just visit the website each day to see what’s happening. Groupon also has immediate deals that you can use, so if you’re out and you’re hungry, you can use the app to find deals in your area. If you don’t use it that day? No problem - you get a refund. The coupons are only good for a limited time, but may be redeemed at face value after the expiration period.

****Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of these sites, do not own them, and get nothing from talking about how awesome them are - unless someone would like to send me gifts. I like gifts. And I love these sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment