Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Boston Pole Fitness - Kenmore

The Deal: Three 75-minute pole dancing classes for $29. There was an alternative for a pole dancing party, which I totally would have done if I had more than three friends who would have been willing to do it with me.

The Frog Pond was easily my favorite deal, but this was a very strong second. Why? First of all, because there is NO FREAKING WAY I would ever have had the nerve to try pole dancing if Boston Pole Fitness hadn't run several deals all around the same time, meaning that, every couple of days, I was thinking, "Hmmmmm......" I mentioned it to a friend, expecting her to laugh at me - but she thought it was an awesome idea. So, while I was all excited, before I stopped to think, "What the hell am I doing?" - I bought two. This was also one of my favorite purchases, made back in November 2011 (and may be partially to blame for my bizarre addiction).

Boston Pole Fitness is located inside the Gold's Gym on Landsdowne, across the street from Fenway Park. This means that I was glad to be going on January - there's no way I'd want to fight the crowd at a Red Sox game to go pole dance. But, in January, it's an easy bus ride to Kenmore Square, and then just a short walk around the corner to Gold's Gym.

My first thought upon arriving was, "Oh, crap." There were girls in teeny shorts and high-heels prancing around up and down the pole, looking like superstars. Note: Arriving before the end of the advanced class is not good for your self-esteem and confidence. But, I did it. I tried three different classes with three different instructors, and it was awesome. Who ever thought I could learn to climb a pole upside-down? Sideways? Not me, but I can! (Sort of.) I still can't do spins, but I only went to three classes. I had an amazing time, and it was one of the most thorough full-body workouts I've ever had. Just beware - you will bruise. A lot. I wound up with bruises up and down my entire body including, mysteriously, the top of my head. Still afraid? That's OK. They have pole circuit fitness classes, which are a little less intense, and everyone is super nice. No one laughs when you fall on your head. In fact, if you can do it slowly and a little artfully, they'll applaud you for doing a perfect upside-down dismount. (Sure, that's what happened. Yup.)

Go with a friend. That takes it from stressful and difficult, yet fun, to an absolute blast, with some strenuous physical activity in the middle. Don't necessarily take your most fit friend, or one who's a professional stripper, but take someone who can help you see the fun in pole burn on your inner thighs (yes, you read that right).

Don't believe that it's awesome? Check out these reviews:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/boston-pole-fitness-boston

Cost: $29
Value: $70
Savings: $41
Total Estimated Deal Savings: $943

No comments:

Post a Comment