Monday, October 15, 2012

Extreme Dancesport in Cambridge

The Deal $29 for Four Salsa Lessons*. 

I may have mentioned this before, but I’m very lazy.  I don’t particularly enjoy working out.  So, to trick myself into doing things that are active, I have to buy deals for lots of fun and exciting activities that have a side effect of burning questions.  Enter, Salsa at Extreme Dancesport!

These classes are a ridiculous amount of fun.  I am really, really enjoying myself.  You do have to sign up for a full series of four classes in a row, so I had to make an effort to actually find four Tuesdays where I didn’t have any other plans.  I’m glad I did.  The instructor is fun and vivacious.  It’s a big class, so she has an advanced student helping her.  She takes time to make sure everyone can get close enough to see her feet to follow what we’re doing.  She goes through the steps slowly, with and without music, and makes sure that everyone gets it before moving on.  So, I’m learning how to dance, I’m burning calories, and - it’s fun! 

I’m assuming that I am not the only person who bought this deal, because the classes are huge.  We have so many people that the instructor was surprised to walk in and see us all the first time.  That’s good and bad - it’s good if you want to hide in the middle and hope no one notices how bad you are (except when you rotate to the front).  It’s good because I suspect it’s a gold mine for the studio, and they’ll offer more deals in the future - after all, 40 students for a four-class series at $29 earns them more money than 10 students for the series at $60 per person - and they’ve got the space to hold a ton of people.  I’d be tempted to go back at some point, if the timing were right.  I will note that there were far more women than men (not surprising) and that most of the men were there with their fiancés to learn to dance for their wedding (and, by “most”, I mean “all but one”).  The instructor is really good about rotating us around so everyone gets a partner, but, if you’re female, be prepared to spend some time dancing alone.  Either way, be prepared to have a blast.

Cost:  $29
Value:  $60
Savings:  $31
Total Estimated Deal Savings, to Date: $1,379.92.

-------
* This link is to Amazon, because I couldn't find the Living Social link, which is where I bought it.  However, the deal is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment